Haunted Hearth and Caravan Presents: The Cauldron of Doom
- Get your diffuser. Well, obviously, I had the diffuser before I had the idea. (Many of you probably found this post because you already have a diffuser! I'm so glad to be able to offer a fun idea to use it in a different way!) But if you are interested in Essential oils and getting a diffuser for yourself, check this page out.
- Get your cauldron. We looked a couple of places for a cauldron that would accommodate the height of the diffuser. Wal-Mart is where I ended up finding this one. (I believe it was around $6)
- Go to the Dollar Tree. A trip to the dollar tree is now in order! I found a foam wreath form, some spooky cloth (I used 3 to wrap my foam form), a skeleton hand, and some glow sticks for good measure.
- Assemble the Goodies. Gather all the pieces together. Wrap your foam wreath form with spooky cloth. Wrap the glow sticks up in the spooky cloth if you like-- Do it any way that looks good to you! Fill your diffuser with water according to the directions and add your essential oils. A good fall combo would be thieves and tangerine, but feel free to use whatever floats your boat. Stack the wreath on top of the cauldron.
- Diffuse the Diffuser Even More. You'll see the skeleton hand across the top of where the diffuser sends out its mist. It's there for a couple of reasons. 1) It hides the diffuser a bit. 2) It causes the mist to float outward, instead of straight up in a line. This makes it look creepier, floatier, and, well, more cauldron-ish!
How are you decorating for Halloween or Fall? Do you do spooky, or do you do harvest? Share your favorite Halloween decoration or fall essential oil combination with me in the comments here or on Instagram (@hearth_caravan)!
Bonus: Here are a couple replays from Periscope when I was putting this cauldron together! You can follow me there @hearth_caravan .
| || |