The Hoover Dam
The Hoover Dam is amazing. If you are anywhere even remotely close to it, get there to see it! I actually don't know a whole lot about the construction of the dam, but I did take a dam selfie.
Sadly, we didn't take the dam tour, but we're actually just grateful that we made it there in time to see it at all! We made it in the nick of time, about 15 minutes before the dam closed. It was SO beautiful to look at. The dam is constructed beautifully, and the way the road winds around it makes for a really fun drive. Don't expect it to be cool when you open your car door though! It was blazing hot, even at 8:00 at night!
There were some surprises about visiting the Hoover Dam, based on the assumptions I made from watching the movie Fools Rush In.
1) The Hoover Dam is gated and patrolled. You don't just drive right up to it and hop out.
2) Consequently, the Dam has a closing time. Don't expect to drive right across it during the nighttime hours. I believe it closes somewhere around 8:00 or 9:00 PM
3) It is recommended that you DO NOT sit on the ledge around the dam.
4) You actually DO toss a coin in if you want to. We saw the evidence and added our wishes to the mix.
5) Remember to Enjoy the sight of fresh water... It's the last of it for a long time if you're heading west through the desert!
Rating 5 Stars- Would Definitely Go Again!
Radical Living for regular people
Mainstream is overrated.
Fund the Fun