There are tons of ways to be healthier. Eat better, move your body more, drink a gallon of water a day, etc...But my favorite tip for leading a healthier lifestyle is not to take all the bad stuff out of your life immediately, but to add in healthy substitutions! Just take something that you know is good for you and add that to your day. You don't necessarily have to remove the "bad" to get benefit from the good, though that happens sometimes by default. If you drink more water as a way to add something healthy, then by default you will eliminate at least a couple of other less healthful drinks in your day. Here are some of my favorite healthy additions:
1) Obviously, use Essential Oils! They are an easy addition, and they don't require a sacrifice to receive the reward! Love that.
2) Take your ding-darn vitamins. Just do the thing. I missed my vitamins for 4 or 5 days last week, then wondered what on earth was wrong with me, All I wanted to do was sleep and I had the grumps...Then I took my vitamins and a shot of Ningxia, and I was bouncing. Like, actually bouncing, instead of wanting to sleep. My vitamins are awesome, and like the oils, I don't have to give up anything to receive the benefit. Woot!
3) Skip your deodorant, or find a healthier alternative. Ok, you may think that there is a sacrifice to skipping your deodorant..The stink! However, I implore you to do some research on traditional deodorant, and at least consider that you may need to find an alternative. I have tried every alternative to deodorant EVER because my pits aren't dainty, scent-free environments. To learn more about deodorant alternatives, check out this post from earlier.
4) Eat a fruit or vegetable. Note that I didn't say, "Don't eat the doughnut!" Simply pick up a fruit or veggie. At the least you'll add some vitamins into your day. At most, you'll avoid a less nutritious snack and feel like a champ. ;)
5) Do your kegels. You're welcome for the reminder. It's a little out of left field, but it DOES add wellness, and sometimes you just need a reminder! Your post-baby bladder will thank me! All gain, no pain on this one. Simply remembering to do them is a victory!
6) Take a detox bath. Add some Epsom salts, pink Himalayan sea salts, some baking soda, and some essential oils (we use lavender and frankincense) to your bath, and add wellness instead of using bubbles which aren't healthy for you! (or your daughters... My little girl asks for salts and oils now instead of bubbles, which makes me super happy!)
7) Pray! Have a conversation with the one who created you. It can change your day, your life, or even your eternity.
What are your favorite pain-free ways to add wellness to your life? Share them with me in the comments!
Sign up for updates from Hearth and Caravan HERE so you won't miss out on fun new posts, freebies, and fun!
3/14/2016 07:38:58 pm
Nothing adds to my overall wellness like a hearty chat with a good friend!
3/14/2016 08:53:36 pm
You are so right! That's a great one :) Thanks for stopping by!
3/16/2016 07:10:08 am
Thanks for stopping by Brittany! My favorite bit of oil advice,--You can't chose a wrong oil. You may not choose the BEST oil, but you can't choose a wrong one.- I'm pretty sure that's a paraphrased quote from Gary Young ;)
I like to take care of my health, both physical and mental. To avoid deficiencies, I had to adopt a balanced diet and above all use a specific food supplement. It is on this article that I found the product that allowed me to relive and enjoy optimal well-being without health concerns.
Leave a Reply.
Radical Living for regular people
Mainstream is overrated.
Fund the Fun