Top Tips For Setting up and participating in a vendor event as a Young Living Distributor:
- Use these events for NETWORKING, not selling. Have a raffle and gather contact info from people to do a giveaway.
- Have free food or drink at your table. It will draw people in. I did Lavender Lemonade and Peppermint Brownies last time and they were a big hit.
- Make sure you will have access to an electrical outlet when paying for your booth and/or talking to the vendor fair coordinator. You will want to take a drop cord, and plug up the diffuser.
- Make your booth stand out. I use a backdrop made from PVC and curtains to give my booth height and more visual appeal.
- Keep it simple. Don't cover your table with everything YL has to offer. Keep it to the starter kit, some Thieves Cleaner, and some Ningxia. There's no time for overwhelm at a vendor fair.
- Don't forget to mingle with the other people running booths! More often than not, these are the people you will have the most time to talk to and discuss your products and opportunity with.
- Follow up! Make sure you follow up with every person you collect information from, and that you follow through on your giveaway. The fortune is in the follow up.
- Offer a special deal for those who want to sign up today. A YL product credit or an Amazon gift card are great options, but remember, this will come out of your pocket.
- Take your planner and schedule events and classes. You can also offer an incentive to get people to schedule a class that day.
- Don't forget signage! You will want to make colorful signs with your offers, deals, and to invite people in. Clearly label your food and drinks, and that they are free.
Bonus tip: I always try to include a living plant or flower on my table. People love them and are drawn to living things. I used a pot of herbs at the last fair, and several came up and smelled the herbs before looking at anything else. <3